Each year, the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Bosque County and the Commissioner’s Court host a Volunteer Recognition Banquet to recognize outstanding volunteers who serve the residents of Bosque County. These volunteers give their time and energy to serve in civic and community organizations and to improve our communities. The Volunteer Recognition Banquet is a special time to honor these extraordinary volunteers.
We reach out to all the county civic organizations to invite them to nominate volunteers, but we know this doesn’t cover everyone. We would like to invite you all to nominate outstanding volunteers in your communities that deserve a little recognition. Nominations for volunteers can be submitted in the following categories:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources: Volunteers in this category work to promote agriculture awareness and agribusiness in Bosque County.
- Civic Organizations & Community Service: Volunteers in this category work to improve their community through service. These volunteers may serve through a civic organization or contribute their time individually.
- Community Festivals & Events: Volunteers work to organize and promote festivals and events in Bosque County to promote tourism, raise money, or provide opportunities for family fun.
- Fire Department & First Responders: Volunteers serve as a fire fighter or first responder, or they might work to help raise funds and support for the Volunteer Fire Departments in Bosque County.
- Family & Health Services: Volunteers in this category work to provide family and health education or to meet the physical needs of community members.
- Youth Services: These volunteers serve Bosque County youth by leading youth organizations, raising support or funds for youth activities and scholarships, or mentoring youth.
People don’t volunteer to get recognition. They do it because they see a need and want to help. However, we think it’s important to take the time to say ‘Thank You!’ to all those who do give so much of themselves to support others in our community. This is our opportunity to give them a little pat on the back for a much-appreciated job well done.
Please take just a few minutes of your time to nominate a volunteer. You can complete the online form at the bottom of this page or you can get a nomination form by clicking this link: 2019 Volunteer Category Descriptions and Form, or call the office at 254-435-2331 to have us send you one, or go without the form and just send us a letter with your contact information, your nominee’s contact information, what category you’re nominating them in and why. You may nominate more than one person in each category and the same person in multiple categories if it applies. If a person you have nominated in the past hasn’t won, feel free to nominate them again if they are still active volunteers. Please return nomination forms to the AgriLife Extension Office by November 15, 2019. Forms can be mailed in to: AgriLife Extension, 104 S. Fuller, Meridian, TX 76665; or email to: email@example.com; or fax 254-435-6231.
The Leadership Advisory Board of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension will review each nomination and select the awardees to be recognized at the 2019 Volunteer Recognition Banquet. The Volunteer Recognition Banquet will be held at 6:00pm on Monday, December 9, at the Meridian Civic Center.
For more information about volunteer nominations or the banquet, please contact the Bosque County Extension Office. We hope to see you at the Volunteer Recognition Banquet on December 9th as we honor these special community leaders.
Nominating a volunteer is as easy as completing the form below!