The annual CenTex Beef Cattle Symposium will be held on Friday, September 26, 2014 at the Hill College Performing Arts Center located in Hillsboro, Texas.
This is the sixth year for this event in our 9 County area (Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, Hamilton, Hill, Johnson, Limestone and McLennan). The CenTex Beef Cattle Symposium was requested by local cattlemen and will become a smaller and localized version of the Beef Cattle Short Course held at Texas A&M in College Station. Speakers will address the Central Texas cattle producers’ issues and concerns. A trade show will also be a part of the program.
This year’s program will include the following presentations:
- Replacement Female Management by John Hill, F.E. Hill Company
- Feral Hog Trapping/Biology by Josh Gaskamp, Wildlife & Fisheries Consultant with The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
- a Cattle Market & Farm Bill Update by Dr. Jason Johnson, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Extension Economist
- Fetal Programming – Rethinking Gestational Nutrition by Dr. Doug Hawkins, Beef Cattle Consultant & Nutritionist, Purina Mills LLC
- Cattle Handling Presentation & Demonstration by Herman Detering of Piney Creek Farms.
1 TDA CEU will be offered. Registration fee is $25.00 and RSVP is required for meal planning prior to September 23. For more information or to register please register below. Pay at the door.
Educational programs of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service are open to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. The Texas A&M University System, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the County Commissioners Courts of Texas Cooperating. Persons needing auxiliary service need to contact Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service-Hill County Office at 254.582.4022 seven days prior to event.