Please contact Chelsea Dorward if you are interested in applying for 4-H scholarships.
Blackland Income Growth (BIG) Scholarship
Applications must be received by Wednesday, November 15, 2017 (not postmarked) at the District 8 office in Stephenville.
- There will be ten (10) Blackland Income Growth scholarships awarded for the amount of $1000 each.
- There will be one (1) Scott Felton Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded in the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agribusiness. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- There will be one (1) Ronald C. Woolley Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded in the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agriculture. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- The same application will be used for all scholarships.
- Recipients will only be eligible to receive one of the above mentioned BIG scholarships.
Please review the first two pages of the guidelines for the specific eligibility requirements and dates. The recipients must attend the BIG Conference on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at the Extraco Events Center in Waco to receive the scholarship award.
PDF Application Packet: 2018 BlG Scholarship Application
Word Document Packet: 2018 BlG Scholarship Application
Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship
The Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program and the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation is once again pleased to offer to our senior high school 4-H members and current college students the opportunity to apply for an Opportunity Scholarship through the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation. This year Texas 4-H members can apply for scholarships in three areas, baccalaureate, courageous heart, and technical. Former Texas 4-H members will be able to apply for scholarships through the collegiate scholarship program. All applications and support materials are attached to this email. Additionally, all information can be downloaded from the Texas 4-H website at: texas4-h.tamu.edu
Changes for the 2018 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Process
- Texas 4-H will continue to accept both the old and new versions of SAT scores for the 2018 application process.
- Applicants must work directly with their school administrators to ensure they have quartile ranking for their application. A quartile ranking is required to be considered for a Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship.
- Scholarship Interviews will be conducted in College Station in May, 2018.
October Applicant can start completing FAFSA and receive report
January 8, 2018 Application due to County Office
February 2, 2018 Applications due to District Office
February 16, 2018 Applications due to State 4-H Office
April 13, 2018 Interview selection notification
May 4-6, 2018 Interviews in College Station, Texas
June 12, 13, &/or 14, 2018 Awards Assemblies/Banquets (College Station, TX)
Bosque County 4-H Scholarship
The Bosque County 4-H Awards & Recognition Task Force will be awarding up to six scholarships in the amounts of $1,000 and $750 during graduation ceremonies for deserving graduating 4-H seniors. The scholarships will be awarded to students who will be enrolling in college by September 1 of the following school year. The choice of recipients will be based on the following criteria:
- Leadership Ability
- Community Service
- 4-H Involvement
- Consistent Effort in Academics
- Must be a 4-H member for a minimum of two years including the current year.
- Must be a 4-H member in good standing according to the Bosque County 4-H Handbook.
Two Important Dates:
- March 29, 2018: Application Deadline – Must be submitted to the Bosque County Extension Office
- December 31, 2018: Letter of Accomplishment and Copy of College Transcript due to Bosque County Extension Office