- This event has passed.
Hair Sheep and Forage Program
May 11 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$10
Falls, McLennan, Bosque, Limestone, Robertson, Bell, Hill, Brazos, and Milam counties are hosting Hair Sheep and Forage Program.
Rough Draft Agenda
2 General CEU’s will be given
8:00 am registration
Drive down the lane, headed to the back/top of the Hill
- Welcome Bobby and Case Hungate (hdqrtrs)
- First Stop, Overview of Hair Sheep, Nutrition and Parasite Management (Reid Redden) (enter into lane)
- Second Stop, Managing Improved Bermudagrass Pastures (fertilization, weed control) for Hay Production (end of lane, on top of hill)
- Third Stop, Soil testing and Biosolid Result Demonstration (Jake Mower then Denise Winter) (in first field where Bobby used to dig sprigs)
- Fourth Stop, Best Practices in Cutting Hay (timing, storage, etc) (by where hay is stored)
Noon Lunch (Hair Sheep) (headquarters)
- Fifth Stop, Predator Control/Prevention (Reid Redden) (on way back from top of hill about halfway back to the lane entrance)
- Sixth Stop, Marketing – Colt Sharpton (hdqrters)