- This event has passed.
Farm and Ranch Seminar
December 12, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm$50
Private Applicators License holders must obtain 15 hours of CEUs every five years to renew/recertify their license; including two hours of Laws and Regulations, two hours of Integrated Pest Management (IPM), and any mix of these and General hours to equal the required 15 hours of CEUs. Licensed commercial and non-commercial applicators are required to recertify every year by obtaining five continuing education credits with one credit each from two of the following categories: laws and regulations, integrated pest management or drift minimization.
The December 12th seminar will provide participants with the opportunity to receive up to seven (7) CEUs.
Of these seven (7) hours, two (2) hour will be in General, two (2) hours in IPM, two (2) hours in Laws and Regulations and one (1) hour in Drift. Licensed commercial and non-commercial applicators will be able to obtain their required five hours within the first five hours of the program.
Topics and speakers include:
- General Laws and Regulations, Mark Matocha, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Ag and environmental Safety Specialist.
- Ticks of Texas and the Disease They Carry, an IPM Approach, Sonja Swiger, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Extension Entomologist.
- Laws and Regulation Updates and Complaint Process, Perry Cervantes, Texas Department of Agriculture, Coordinator for Pesticide Certification & Compliance.
- TDA General Laws and Regulations Compliance, Elizabeth Prokop, Texas Department of Agriculture, Certification Compliance.
- Pasture Weed and Brush Herbicide Update, Josh McGinty, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Specialist.
- Pasture Pest Management, David Kerns, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Entomology Department.
- Pesticides from the Ground UP, Scott Nolte, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Weed Specialist.
Program registration cost is $50, which includes lunch, breaks and handout materials. Registration will begin at each 7AM with presentations starting at 7:30AM and running till 3:00PM.
Persons interested in attending one of these programs on December 12th can pre-register by calling Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service at 254-633-7403 or complete the form below.