- This event has passed.
Beef Cattle Symposium
September 28, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 10th Annual CenTex Beef Cattle Program will be held on September 28, 2018 at the Johnson County Sheriff’s Posse, 1315 South Main, Cleburne, Texas. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. and program starts at 8:00. A variety of Ag Commercial Vendor booths will be set up for you to visit before, during and after the program. Door prizes will be drawn throughout the day. The 2018 program includes the following topics:
- Herd Health & Heifer Development
- “Hot Bulls” Bovine Trichomoniasis
- Cattle Market Update and Cost Breakdown of Cow Calf Operation
- Minimizing Calf Loss
- Drought Nutrition Management
- Beef Quality Assurance Practices
- Pasture Weeds & Management
- Dr. Joe Paschal – Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Livestock Specialist
- Dr. Hank Hays, DVM – Texas Animal Health Commission
- David Anderson – Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Economist
- Dr. Doug Hawkins – Purina Animal Nutrition
- Dr. Jason Cleere – Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Beef Cattle Specialist
- Gerald Hobson – Bayer Environmental Science
Registration fee of $25.00 is payable at the door. Registration includes breakfast and steak lunch. YOU MUST CONTACT THE BOSQUE COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE AT (254)435-2331 TO RSVP NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 24, 2018.
Hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Beef & Forage Committees in Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, Hamilton, Hill, Johnson, Limestone and McLennan Counties.