Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service invites you to join us for a 4 week challenge to Walk Through Texas History!
Join District 8 Texas A&M AgriLife Extension in our Multi-County Walk Through Texas History COVID-19 Challenge beginning April 20th. Walk Through Texas History is a four-week program designed to help Texans establish the habit of regular physical activity while learning the rich history of Texas. Each adult team may include up to 8 team members, all working together to reach designated goals while following along legendary historical paths created by fellow Texans.
In these unknown times we want to ensure that the health and safety of all Texans remains a priority and the best part about our Walk Through Texas History program is that it involves teamwork & friendly competition but requires no face-to-face interaction! You & your team will be able to easily log your miles through our Howdy Health Website and learn rich Texas History as you hit certain goals. Although we are “walking” through Texas, all forms of physical activity are welcome and can be adapted into miles through our online conversion chart (activity equivalents chart here).
Once you’ve Registered stay connected through our District 8 Walk Through Texas History COVID-19 Challenge Facebook Group! We will use this group for reminders, education, and to connect and support one another as we Walk Across Texas!
PRIZES will be awarded at the end of the four-week challenge for individuals and teams with the most miles!
To Register/Create or log into your Howdy Health Account click the link HERE then follow the steps below!
- Once logged in you are ready to join the District 8 WTTH COVID-19 Challenge!
- Select: Create a Team and use this League Code: wtthL-200409-pFdsB7 Using this code will let you see your competition!
- Create a TEAM and invite friends, family and/or coworkers to join. Teams can have up to 8 people, or you can have a solo team.
- Start logging your miles!
- Share the league code with others to challenge them and see who can log in the most miles!
- Any activity counts! Use the activity equivalents chart above to calculate your miles.