The final weekend of the Ft Worth Stock Show had Bosque County 4-Hers giving their best in the steer show and calf scramble. In the calf scramble, held during the rodeo on Friday the 6th, Emily and Benjamin Murphy and 14 other scramblers gave all the physical effort they could muster up in the pursuit of the 8 calves. Benjamin Murphy literally had the calf by the tail at one point and managed to hang on, which won him a certificate for $500 toward the purchase of a heifer for show next year. Emily gave all she had but didn’t get a good enough grip on one. At the steer show, Maggie Chaffin and Ty Sanders did all they could with great determination and a lot of preparation, but didn’t finish high enough in their classes to qualify for the sale. Wesley Sanders and his steer finished tenth in their class and made it to the sale ring. Once in the sale ring, his steer brought a very nice paycheck. We are very proud of all of our 4-H members who participated in the FWSS. You all did Bosque County proud!
- Archery Practice at 5:30pm Feb. 17 at the Clifton Armory
- Horse Quiz Bowl at 4:00pm Wednesday, Feb. 18 at the Extension office
- Plant ID and Range Evaluation at 4:00pm Feb. 19 at the Flying E Ranch
- Rifle Project Practice at 2:00pm Feb. 22 at Chandlers Shooting Range
- Fair Grounds Clean up and chili supper at 5:00pm Feb.23 at the Clifton Fair Grounds
- Photography Workshop at 4:00pm Feb. 24 at Big Rocks Park in Glen Rose
- Central Texas Youth Fair is March 3 – 7