POST 4: As of Friday, March 28, 2014 new registrations for the garage sale will be posted on the web beginning on Monday, March 31st. This web address has been advertised in a large area around the state. You will also receive 2 signs. Please see the list of Community Coordinators in POST 1 below. They will have your signs beginning April 1st.
Registrations submitted before March 28th will also be published in the flyer that will come out in the papers next week.
POST 3: The 23rd Annual Bosque County-Wide Garage Sale is this weekend, April 4-5! We have more than 200 garage sales registered this year with some great bargains! If you plan to shop the garage sale this year, please shop at registered garage sales first. All registered garage sales are printed in the garage sale listings and have a yellow yard sign with their garage sale number. These sales have paid the $10 registration fee which contributes to advertisement all over the state. I hope you have a great time at the County-Wide Garage Sale. Happy bargain hunting!
POST 2: Are you enjoying the spring weather as much as I am? My yard is starting to turn green (ok, so those might be weeds, but they are still green), and I am daydreaming about where to put in a new flower bed this year. This spring, I’m also getting the urge to do some spring cleaning and get rid of those extra things around the house that I don’t need anymore. Fortunately, the County-Wide Garage Sale is just around the corner on April 4-5, so there’s an opportunity to make some extra cash from those unwanted items.
If you’re in the spring cleaning mode, or maybe you just want to make some extra cash, here are a few tips for planning a successful garage sale.
- As you start cleaning out your closets and garage, a good rule of thumb is to get rid of anything you haven’t used in the last year.
- Clean, repair, and price items as you go, rather than waiting until the last minute. Garage sale buyers are more likely to buy clean and working items, so this tip might help you make a few extra dollars.
- Remember, this is not the time to be sentimental. Price items at a rate that you would pay at a garage sale. You might think your great-aunt’s figurines are priceless, but chances are you will still have them at the end of your garage sale if your price is too high.
- Be sure to have enough tables, hangers and racks to display your items. Buyers are more likely to stop if your items are displayed attractively.
- Start collecting sacks, boxes, and change so you’re ready for people to make purchases.
- Create a table or box with items that are 25 or 50 cents. Kids will love it!
- Invite your out-of-town friends and family to shop at the garage sale this year!
You can find more information about the County-Wide Garage Sale at https://bosque.agrilife.org/bosquecountywidegaragesale/ or call the Extension Office at 254-435-2331 for more info.
POST 1: The 23rd Annual Bosque County-Wide Garage Sale is quickly approaching! This year the Garage Sale will be held April 4-5, 2014 from 8:00am-5:00pm. You have several options for registering your garage sale. Sign up online at https://bosque.agrilife.org and mail your $10 registration fee to the Extension office. You can sign up with a paper form at the Extension office or with your community coordinator. The deadline for registration is March 24th. Yard signs will be available from the community coordinators beginning April 1st. Each garage sale will receive two signs.
Groups hosting fund-raisers, whether it’s selling burgers or BBQ, are encouraged to register the fund-raiser. This will ensure that your fund-raiser is in the listings, and it is a great advertising opportunity for your group.
The Extension Office is located at 104 S. Fuller in Meridian, and our number is (254)435-2331. Please feel free to stop by to fill out your registration form or give us a call with any questions.
Clifton: Paige Key @ Chamber of Commerce (254)675-3720
Cranfills Gap: Joyce Niemeier (254)597-2757
Laguna Park: Charlotte Harlan (254)749-8297
Lakeside Village: Lampman’s Grocery (254)775-4274
Meridian: Extension Office (254)435-2331
Morgan: Flonnie Payne (254)635-2036
Valley Mills: Donna Veteto (254)644-9301
Walnut Springs: Kay Offutt @ City Hall (254)797-3721