B.I.G. Conference – Horticulture
The 52nd Blackland Income Growth Conference will be held on February 4-5 at the Extraco Events Center in Waco. This year’s Horticulture Session will be held in the Back Porch Club on Tuesday, February 4th starting at 9:00 a.m. and concluding at 11:45 a.m.
Registration for the Tuesday, February 4th sessions is $20 per person and includes lunch. Topics that will be addressed in the Horticulture Session of the Blackland Income Growth Conference are:
– Growing Under Cover – High Tunnel Production – Dr. Joe Masabni, Extension Vegetable Specialist
– MarketMaker – Connecting Growers to Markets – Dr. Marco Palma, Assistant Professor and Extension Economist
– Getting Started in Local Produce – Laws and Regulations – Richard De Los Santos, TDA – Coordinator for Horticultural, Produce and Forestry
– Bee Management – Margaret Henson, McLennan County Master Gardener
– Speaker Panel Q&A Session
The registration fee of twenty dollars will include a catered lunch and all handout materials. Please call your local Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in your county or if you have specific questions concerning the Horticulture Session, please call Zach Davis at (817) 556-6370 in Johnson County.